Entering the Competition
- The Data Art Competition (the “Competition”) is global and is open to anyone to enter.
- To enter the Competition you should send your entry via the form provided. You are responsible for the cost of sending your Competition entry to us.
- When submitting your Competition entry, you must provide your name, location, email address and contact number. If under the age of 18 you should provide your name, age and your parent/guardians contact details. We will only use this information in relation to the Competition (including checking your eligibility to enter it) and will not use it for any other purposes whatsoever. We will not keep this information for longer than is necessary for the operation of the Competition.
- You may enter as many times as you wish.
- We must receive your entry to the Competition by midnight on 8th April 2019.
Picking the winners
- The Competition committee will choose the winning entries, one winner and two runners up.
- The winning entries will be those the Competition committee considers to be the most interesting, creative and original.
- The winners will be decided and notified on or before 15th April 2019 and announced on the website on 4th May 2019. The decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Publishing the winning entries
- The winning entries will be published on the AlphaZetta website at alphazetta.ai
- You own the copyright to your Competition entry as its author.
- By submitting an entry to the Competition, You give AlphaZetta permission for your entry to be published on www.alphazetta.ai and grant AlphaZetta a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide licence to republish your Competition entry in electronic format and hard copy; and b. The right to use your name, city/country of residence for the sole purpose of identifying You as the author of your entry.
- Upon submitting any art object to this competition, the Participant is solely responsible for any infringement of copyrighted materials by such art object. The Participant represents and warrants that the art object is the Participant’s independent original work, the Participant holds exclusive rights to the art object and has the power to grant the rights thereto, the Participant is entitled to reproduce and exploit any underlying rights in the art object, and the Participant indemnifies the Organizing Committee, as well as its representatives, against any loss resulting from breach of these warranties.
Getting consent from an adult if you are under 18
- Sending in an entry to the Competition means that You accept these Terms and Conditions, which are the rules of the Competition. If you are under 18, you should check with your parent or guardian that they are happy for You to enter the Competition based on these Terms and Conditions.
- AZ requires the consent in writing (which may include e-mail) of the parent or guardian of the author of a winning entry to publish that winning entry.
- If AZ does not receive written consent (which may include e-mail) from the parent or guardian of the author of a winning entry then we may award the prize to another entry for which we are able to gain such consent.
- The winner will receive a prize of a trip to the Global Analytics Summit in Phuket in December 2018 including flights, accommodation and Summit entry where their winning Data Art will be exhibited. Two runners up will each receive complimentary entrance to the Global Analytics Summit in Phuket in December 2018 where their Data Art will be exhibited.
- The winner and the two runners up will be notified by telephone or email on or before 30th September 2018.
- The prizes cannot be exchanged or transferred by You and cannot be redeemed by You for cash or any other prizes.
Some other rules
- Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted.
- Joint submissions are allowed.
- We take no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason. Proof of delivery of the entry is not proof of receipt.
- Your entry will not be returned to You.
- Details of the winners can be obtained by emailing email@example.com
- No purchase is necessary.
- The Promoter of the Competition is AlphaZetta Pte Ltd.
- Alphazetta accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by You as a result of entering the Competition or accepting the prize. AlphaZetta further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to You or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the Competition.
- AlphaZetta reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Competition with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud). The decision of AZ in all matters under its control is final and binding.
- AZ shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
- The Competition will be governed by Singaporean law.